1/1 Photo of Garlic Crab
1 hr 20 mins
This is a simi difficult recipe, but the result is ever so delectable. I had something like this at Crustaceans in San Francisco. They used the wonderful Dungeness crabs, but here in Virginia I had to settle for Blue crabs, which turned out just as nice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 crabs, cleaned and cracked
- 1 whole bulb of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 -2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1Place garlic, onions, butter, salt, red and black pepper into a roasting pan and put into a 450 degree oven.
- 2Be sure to watch carefully and cook until onions and garlic turn golden brown.
- 3Remove from oven, add crab and blend thoroughly.
- 4Make sure the crab (shells and all) is coated.
- 5Place pan back into oven on 475 degree for 15-20 minutes, turning crab about every 5 minutes.
- 6After the crab has been heated throughout remove from oven.
- 7Garlic sauce should be braised onto the shell of the crab.
- 8Serve as soon as possible, sprinkled with parsley and garnished with lemon.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Crab
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 462.8
- Calories from Fat 419
- Total Fat 46.5 g
- Saturated Fat 29.2 g
- Cholesterol 154.7 mg
- Sodium 823.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 8.7 g