Recipe by Jessica
This is a simi difficult recipe, but the result is ever so delectable. I had something like this at Crustaceans in San Francisco. They used the wonderful Dungeness crabs, but here in Virginia I had to settle for Blue crabs, which turned out just as nice.
Top Review by Jennifer Allen
I adapted this recipe for 3 lbs. snow crab leggs and it was delicious. my husband couldn't get enough and he rarley eats crab. I have been looking for this recipe for five years. Thank you, thank you,thank you.
- 8 crabs, cleaned and cracked
- 1 whole bulb of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 -2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- chopped parsley
- lemon slice
Directions See How It's Made
- Place garlic, onions, butter, salt, red and black pepper into a roasting pan and put into a 450 degree oven.
- Be sure to watch carefully and cook until onions and garlic turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven, add crab and blend thoroughly.
- Make sure the crab (shells and all) is coated.
- Place pan back into oven on 475 degree for 15-20 minutes, turning crab about every 5 minutes.
- After the crab has been heated throughout remove from oven.
- Garlic sauce should be braised onto the shell of the crab.
- Serve as soon as possible, sprinkled with parsley and garnished with lemon.