Recipe by melting pot
Something I made up with an interesting texture. The best thing is it has plenty of flavour without a long marinade time!
- 500 g beef, thinly sliced into strips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons butter or 4 teaspoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a plastic bag, place the beef, chilli powder, paprika, cornmeal, corn starch, soy sauce and garlic. Mix to evenly coat the beef. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in the wok on high. When hot (flick a drop of water at it. If it sizzles, it's hot enough), carefully empty the plastic bag contents into it. Add the water. Stir-fry for about 7-10 minutes, ensuring beef is evenly browned. If the beef starts to stick, add mroe water, but NOT TOO MUCH or it will be very watery indeed.
- Add the oyster sauce. Stir-fry for 30 sec.
- Add the butter. Stir-fry until melted and evenly distributed amongst the beef.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.