Recipe by doublebubble
This recipe given to me by Dear MIL and the family LOVES it. A Christmas staple and a wonderful side dish for company dinners and BBQs.
- 6 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped white onion
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 1 teaspoon parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop bacon into bits.
- In a large skillet, fry bacon until white and about half-way done.
- Add onion and finish cooking bacon with onion until both are done (they are going to bake for 30 mins later, so lightly cripy).
- Remove pan from heat and take the onion and bacon out of grease.
- Remove all but 2 Tbs. of the fat from pan and return to heat.
- Add garlic, salt, pepper and flour to pan and cook over medium heat until bubbly.
- Stir in sour cream, corn and half of cooked bacon & onions.
- Once combined, remove and spoon into 13 X 9 pan.
- Spoon other half of cooked bacon and onions on top of corn mixture.
- Sprinkle with chives and parsley.
- Bake 25-30 minutes.