1 hr 10 mins
From Michael Psilakis and seen on Good Morning America. This keeps in the refrigerator for about 3 weeks. The garlic can be pureed or used whole in recipes. Save the oil (it will be flavored) to make vinaigrette or to drizzle over finished dishes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Halve any garlic cloves that are very large and place all the peeled garlic in a heavy covered pan.
- 2Add bay leaves, thyme, a tablespoon of kosher salt, and 15 or 20 whole black peppercorns; cover with oil.
- 3Place cover on pan and braise, in the oven, on 300 degrees F until garlic is tender and golden, about 1 hour or 1 1/4 hours.
- 4Cool to room temperature.
- 5Transfer garlic and oil to a sterilized jar and press plastic wrap over the top.
- 6Place another piece of plastic wrap over the rim of the jar and screw on cover.
- 7Store up to three weeks in the refrigerator being sure to not contaminate.
- 8Always use a clean fork or spoon to retrieve garlic or oil from jar and replace plastic wraps.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Confit
Serving Size: 1 (845 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 892.4
- Calories from Fat 788
- Total Fat 87.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: