Recipe by ROV Chef
This is the basic compound butter I have been using for years. One of the best applications is in my buttered chicken recipe. It's also great to toss with sauteed veggies. You can always add different herbs to suit different dishes, but I find this is a great flavor that gets along well with just about everything.
Top Review by puppitypup
We've used this now on chicken, green beans and on potatoes. Although it was perfect on the chicken, it was too salty for the green beans and on the potatoes. I will definitely make again though, just with less salt.
- 1 lb unsalted butter, at room temp
- 1⁄4 cup chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon summer savory
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all ingredients in a stand mixer with a wire whip attachment and whip until butter is lighter in color and the volume has increased.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Or, dish it out on parchment paper and roll into a log. Wrap in plastic wrap and foil and it can be frozen for months. Best part is you can just unwrap and slice off what you need and rewrap it and stick it back in the freezer.