16 hrs 5 mins
Chef Boy of Dee's's Note:
This garlic slaw recipe is from Jane and Michael Stern's "Goodfood" book. It make a lot of "juice" so you might want to strain it before service. Good Stuff Maynard!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whisk together all wet ingredients.
- 2You can use a cider vinegar if desired and the sugar can be lessened if you desire not such a 'sweet' taste.
- 3Pour over 8 cups chopped cabbage (or 1 lb prechopped bag of coleslaw mix).
- 4Place in refrigerator and chill overnight.
- 5If too 'wet' drain slightly before you serve.
- 6Take 2 breath mints after -- maybe 4.
- 7NOTE: I marked it Kosher, but I'm not an expert.
Browse Our Top Kosher Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Coleslaw
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 394.7
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 83.4 mg
- Sodium 95.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 37.9 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
garlic-flavored red wine vinegar