Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
The longer these olives marinate, the more pronounced the flavor.
- 1 (8 ounce) jar kalamata olives, drained
- 1 (7 ounce) jarof whole green olives, drained
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Combine all of the ingredients.
- Cover and let stand at room temperature 2 hours before serving.
- This can be made 5 days ahead of time (keep in refrigerator). Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour before serving.
I can't believe it's taken me years to realize that olives are best if you drain them and then add olive oil and garlic. Delicious! For my recent party I added black olives also, and put in fresh basil and oregano, just because I had some. These are also very good if you use only olive and garlic.