Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Garlic CILANTRO SALSA is a great condiment for grilled chicken, hamburgers, steaks. Or simply with corn chips.
- 10 garlic cloves
- 236.59 ml coarsely chopped cilantro
- 4 jalapenos (or mixture of the two) or 4 chopped green peppers (or mixture of the two)
- 118.29 ml chopped and seeded tomatoes
- 59.14 ml chopped onion
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 17.25 ml lime juice
- 6.16 ml cumin
- Chop the garlic in a food processor.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend until almost smooth.
- Serve with corn chips, or as a side with grilled meats, chicken, hamburger, etc.
Delicious. I used this as the major ingredient in Crockpot Thai Chicken Thighs #106499 and it worked just perfectly. I used canned tomatoes and sweet green peppers with a tsp of chipotle sauce as that's what I had on hand. This is a great keeper. It's sure to have many uses.
I'm confused about the ingredients... If I chop 4 green peppers, it's a HECKUVA lot more mass than if using 4 jalapenos. I can't understand how the recipe can exchange 4 jal for 4 gp and expect it to produce a similar mixture. It won't even produce the same quantity!
Loved this salsa! I'm a big garlic and cilantro lover and this salsa has the perfect combination of garlic and cilantro. I let the salsa chill for a couple hours and served with tortilla chips - I couldn't stop munching so it turned into more of a meal than an appitizer. I will make this again and try it as a sauce for chicken. Thanks for posting!!