Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I copied this from somewhere! You can substitute canned sweet potatoes or yams, drained, if you prefer.
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, cooked
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 8 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Saute garlic in 1 tablespoon of butter for 2 minutes, in a deep enough pot to hold the potatoes.
- Add potatoes to garlic and add remaining butter, sour cream and salt.
- Mash throughly in the pot.
- Fold in cilantro.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and enjoy!
i loved these sweet potatoes...i will go savory over sweet every time...the rest of the family thought they were ok but not something to make very often...but since i'm doing the review i'm giving 5 stars!
The best potato recipe Ive ever made! I made it for thanksgiving and again tonight. Im a vegan so I made a few changes. I used vegan butter. I was gunna use vegan sour cream but when I tasted it without I decided it was already perfect. So I chose to omit the sour cream. Delicious!!!
This was a tasty, easy recipe to prepare. I omitted the salt. Thanks for sharing!