1 hr 22 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Montana Heart Song's Note:
These rolls are moist. If you don't like garlic, substitute fine chopped onion. These freeze well. This makes a large batch. I like cilantro for color and taste.Serve with pork chops or ribs or chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 cups margarine or 1 1/3 cups butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 cup garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1In large mixing bowl add 1 cup margarine, sugar and break one egg at a time and mix. Then another egg, mix until all eggs are in the bowl and mixed with the margarine and sugar. Add salt and mix.
- 2Warm one cup of milk in a 2 cup glass measuring cup. Add two pkgs of yeast. Let set, then stir until dissolved.
- 3Warm another cup of milk and add white vinegar. Stir and set aside.
- 4Add dissolved milk yeast mixture to mixing bowl. Add garlic and cilantro,.
- 5Add two cups of flour. Mix with dough hook on mixer.
- 6Add buttermilk mixture and two more cups of flour. Add one more cup of flour. Mix with dough hook. Scrape the sides of the bowl, make sure all ingredients are mixed inches.
- 7Add more flour a little at a time to make and form a soft dough.
- 8Cover and let rise in a warm area until doubled.
- 9Preheat oven 400*
- 10Cut the dough in 4 pieces. Roll each piece on a floured surface in a circle. Cut in pie wedges.
- 11Spray Pam on baking pans.
- 12Roll up wedges, starting on the long side first. Let rise on baking pans for about 30 minutes.
- 13Bake for about 10-12 minutes. Brush with melted margarine.
- 14Note: If you substitute onions instead.
- 15of garlic, drain any liquid that may have sweated from the chopped onions before adding.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Cilantro Buttermilk Crescent Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 396.5
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 67.6 mg
- Sodium 359.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 16.9 g
- Protein 9.6 g