Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy chicken breasts in a lemony garlic butter.
- 1 head garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Wrap the garlic head in foil, and bake 30 minutes, until cloves are soft. Remove from heat, and cool enough to handle.
- Slice off the top of the garlic head, and squeeze the softened cloves into a medium bowl. Mix in the chicken broth, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Lightly coat the chicken breast halves with flour, and cook in the skillet about 10 minutes on each side, until lightly browned. Set chicken aside, retaining skillet juices. Stir in the garlic mixture, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and return chicken to the skillet. Continue cooking the chicken about 5 minutes on each side, until no longer pink and the juices run clear. Remove chicken, and arrange on plates.
- Mix the butter into the garlic sauce mixture in the skillet until melted, and stir in the chives. Spoon the sauce over the chicken and serve with rice and vegetables.
Yummy! I roasted the garlic ahead of time. I doubled the sauce but only used the juice of 2 1/2 lemons and zest. I will keep it at 2 lemons next time. I also cut the butter in half and would decrease it even more. I served this with spinach and onion couscous. Great dish!
Seriously, this is one terrific chicken recipe. Don't let the time scare you away, part of it is spent roasting the garlic. The taste is great. The easy of preparation is fantastic! You could easily cook this on a weeknight if you did the garlic ahead of time. This has been added to the make often rotation. Thanks for sharing!