Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A flavor-packed meal with simple fresh ingredients. Recipe from Cooking Light.
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chile, minced (canned in adobo sauce)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 lb chicken cutlet
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 small red bell pepper, quartered
- 1 small green bell pepper, quartered (I prefer yellow)
- 1 small vidalia onion, cut into 1/2 inch rings
- 8 corn tortillas (6-inch)
- 1⁄2 cup green leaf lettuce, shredded
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Combine garlic, chipotle and 1 tablespoons oil; rub evenly over chicken. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoons salt and black pepper. Place on grill rack, coated with cooking spray, grill 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from grill; keep warm.
- Combine remaining oil, salt, pepper, chili powder in a large bowl. Add bell peppers and onion; toss gently to coat. Place vegetables on grill rack ; grill 5 minutes on each side or until soft and charred. Place tortillas on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 30 seconds or until lightly charred. Remiove from grill; keep warm. Thinly slice chicken. Divide chicken, bell peppers, onion and lettuce among tortillas.
These were really good and we didn't need to heat up the kitchen to make them. Made as directed for a very good dinner. Thanks for sharing!