Chef mariajane's Note:
This is such a delicious meal, I love it and it doesn['t take anytime to make - love the flavor!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 32 large shrimp, frozen, peeled, deveined, thawed
- 1 1/2 lbs broccoli, cut into florets, stems peeled and sliced 1/2 inch thick (1 to 2 heads)
- 1PEANUT NOODLES: Cook spaghetti in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente according to package instructions; drain and rinse with cool water.
- 2In a large bowl, whisk together peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, and brown sugar until smooth. Add spaghetti, season with salt and toss to comine.
- 3SHRIMP SKEWERS: Heat broiler with rack set 4-inches from heat. Thread shrimp onto 8 skewers (4 shrimp each) ; transfer to a broiler pan or broilerproof baking sheet (If using bamboo or wooden skewers, cover exposed parts with aluminum foil to prevent scorching). Dividing evenly, spoon 2 tablespoons Garlic-Chili oil onto shrimp; set aside.
- 4BROCCOLI: Place broccoli, 1 tablespoons Garlic-Chili oil, and 3/4 cups water in a large skillet,. Simmer, covered, over medium heat, until tender, 5-7 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, broil shrimp until opaque throughout, 3-4 minutes. Serve with noodles and broccoli; drizzle all with remaining Garlic-Chili oil.
- 6GARLIC-CHILI OIL: Using a chef's knife, coarsely chop garlic with red pepper flakes. Gather into a pile; sprinkle generously with salt. Place flat side of knife blade on top of garlic, with sharp blade facing away from you; press down firmly, pulling knife toward you. Repeat until a paste forms. Combine in a small bowl with vegetable oil Makes 5 Tablespoons.
Browse Our Top Low Sat. Fat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Sat. Fat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic-Chili Shrimp Skewers With Peanut Noodles and Broccoli
Serving Size: 1 (324 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 506.0
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 85.8 mg
- Sodium 699.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 24.7 g