A very tasty and easy chicken curry. Originally found in BBC's Good Food magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 onion, very finely chopped
- 3 green chilies, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 cm fresh ginger, finely grated
- cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 chicken thighs, cut into chunks
- 4 tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 80 g spinach, roughly chopped
- butter or oil
- 4 cardamom pods, squashed
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1Cook the onion, chillies, garlic and ginger for 5 minutes in 2 tbsp oil.
- 2Add the spices and cook for 2 minutes.
- 3Add the chicken pieces, season and cook for 5-7 minutes until they start to colour a little.
- 4Add the tomatoes and a splash of water.
- 5Bring to a simmer, then cover for 20 minutes. Add the spinach and cook for another 10 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile, heat a large knob of butter or 1 tbsp oil in a pan with a lid.
- 7Add the cardamom pods and cook for 2 minutes.
- 8Tip in the rice, add a large pinch of salt and cook for another minute.
- 9Add 2 teacups of water using the same cup to measure.
- 10Bring to the boil, turn down to a gentle simmer and put on the lid. Cook for 15 minutes until all the water is absorbed.
- 11Fluff, serve and eat.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Chili Chicken With Cardamom Rice
Serving Size: 1 (697 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 857.1
- Calories from Fat 293
- Total Fat 32.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 157.9 mg
- Sodium 214.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 96.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 13.3 g
- Protein 45.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: