Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
Serve this great-tasting, tender steak as a part of a taco party or with a mixed green salad and sliced avocados for a tasty dinner.1 hour marinating time not-included, it can be marinated up to one day and/or refrigerate cooked steak for up to 1 day for a make ahead meal, slice before serving. The recipe comes from eatingwell.com.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons ancho chili peppers, ground
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 lbs flank steaks, trimmed of fat
- Whisk garlic, vinegar, oil, ground chili, oregano, cumin, and salt in a small bowl.
- Place steak in shallow bowl or plastic bag and pour marinade over it, turning to coat both sides.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, turning once, or can be marinated overnight.
- Oil the grill, preheat grill to high heat,Grill the steak to desired doneness, 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium.
- Transfer steak to plate, cover with foil and let rest for 5 minutes, slice the steak very thinly across the grain, Serve warm or chilled, enjoy.
I don't really like Flank as a cut, but used it anyway. I did love the marinade, though. I think this would be really good if on a filet or other cut such as hangar steak which isn't as tough...definitely marinade overnight, one hour didn't seem to be enough. Thanks!
Wonderful steak that was perfect with tortillas and fruit salad! I marinated the steak for about four hours - very tender with just the perfect amount of heat for us. We will be having this often this summer! Thanks for sharing!