Recipe by Barb G.
Serve this great-tasting, tender steak as a part of a taco party or with a mixed green salad and sliced avocados for a tasty dinner.1 hour marinating time not-included, it can be marinated up to one day and/or refrigerate cooked steak for up to 1 day for a make ahead meal, slice before serving. The recipe comes from eatingwell.com.
Top Review by SVSOUZA
I don't really like Flank as a cut, but used it anyway. I did love the marinade, though. I think this would be really good if on a filet or other cut such as hangar steak which isn't as tough...definitely marinade overnight, one hour didn't seem to be enough. Thanks!
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons ancho chili peppers, ground
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 lbs flank steaks, trimmed of fat
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk garlic, vinegar, oil, ground chili, oregano, cumin, and salt in a small bowl.
- Place steak in shallow bowl or plastic bag and pour marinade over it, turning to coat both sides.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, turning once, or can be marinated overnight.
- Oil the grill, preheat grill to high heat,Grill the steak to desired doneness, 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium.
- Transfer steak to plate, cover with foil and let rest for 5 minutes, slice the steak very thinly across the grain, Serve warm or chilled, enjoy.