1/3 Photos of Garlic, Chickpea & Spinach Soup
The garlic really stands out in this mild and creamy soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 350 g potatoes, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2/3 cup double cream
- 2 tablespoons light tahini
- 200 g spinach, shredded
- cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Heat the oil in a saucepan and cook the garlic and onions until soft and golden.
- 2Stir in the cumin and coriander and cook for one minute.
- 3Add the stock and potatoes.
- 4Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 5Add chickpeas and simmer for another 5 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 6Mix the cornflour, cream and tahini together.
- 7Stir into the soup with the spinach.
- 8Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Bring to the boil, stirring and simmering for another 2 minutes.
- 10Sprinkle with cayenne pepper before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic, Chickpea & Spinach Soup
Serving Size: 1 (332 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 474.9
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 54.3 mg
- Sodium 387.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 11.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: