This is a substantial, thick soup - rich and satisfying and makes for a hearty one-pot meal.
Make and share this Garlic, Chickpea and Spinach Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 lb potato, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 8 ounces spinach, shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- fresh cracked pepper
- Heat oil and sautee garlic and onion until soft and translucent.
- Stir in the coriander and cumin powders and cook till aromatic.
- Pour in stock and add chopped potatoes.
- Bring to a boil and simmer 10 minutes, add chickpeas and simmer 5 more minutes.
- Blend cornstarch with cream, tahini, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper as desired.
- Stir into the soup along with the spinach.
- Bring to a boil while stirring frequently and let simmer another 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.