1/2 Photos of Garlic, Chickpea and Spinach Soup
This is a substantial, thick soup - rich and satisfying and makes for a hearty one-pot meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 lb potato, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 8 ounces spinach, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1Heat oil and sautee garlic and onion until soft and translucent.
- 2Stir in the coriander and cumin powders and cook till aromatic.
- 3Pour in stock and add chopped potatoes.
- 4Bring to a boil and simmer 10 minutes, add chickpeas and simmer 5 more minutes.
- 5Blend cornstarch with cream, tahini, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper as desired.
- 6Stir into the soup along with the spinach.
- 7Bring to a boil while stirring frequently and let simmer another 2 minutes.
- 8Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic, Chickpea and Spinach Soup
Serving Size: 1 (309 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 455.4
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 54.3 mg
- Sodium 390.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 11.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: