Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Serve with bread or a rice dish and you have a meal. It's pretty low carb and calorie by itself
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 8 -10 cloves garlic, sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- Cut the chicken into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Slice zucchini into rounds and slice rounds into semi-circles.
- Heat oil in small to medium saucepan.
- Salt and pepper chicken to taste, and add to oil along with garlic.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a slight boil.
- Remove from heat when chicken is no longer pink and zucchini is tender, but still crisp.
Wow this was surprisingly great!!! I added carrots for color & served over rice. I cut the zucchini in half length wise and sliced it and the carrot within seconds in the food processor. Very simple and ready to eat in less than 30 minutes. I will be adding this as a week day regular, cheap, easy and most importantly healthy!
I made this as directed but added chopped carrots for texture and color. I didn't have lemon juice so I added several dashes of dry mustard, which gave the meal a wonderful, contrasting flavor. This was an easy and flavorful meal. I served it over white rice. Good recipe!
Easy and delicious. Surprised at all the garlic, but I wouldn't change a thing about the recipe. I used two frozen chicken breasts, partially thawed.