Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is just a little different way to serve your chicken, and if your are anything like me, I'm always looking for another different Chicken Recipe!!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 lbs)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Cook chicken until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer to plate.
- Add onion to fat in skillet and cook until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add peppers, sugar, broth, and browned chicken along with any accumulated juices and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medum and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to serving platter, and tent with foil. Return skillet to high heat and simmer until sauce is slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Off heat, whisk basil and butter. Season with salt and pepper. Pour sauce over chicken. Serve.
This dish was delicious, but I made some changes .. I had only 2 whole boneless chicken breast so I cut them up into bite size pieces, also sense there was no jarred roasted red peppers on hand I had a couple of bell peppers in the fridge ( 1 red and 1 yellow ) that I coated with olive oil, salt and pepper and roasted in my oven on broil for approximately 15 min or til black. I placed them in a papper bag until cool enough to handle then peeled and pured in my food processer along with the onions and garic. I also had no fresh basil so used dried instead .. served over brown rice. Will make again .. but might add a little half and half or whipping cream before serving ..
This was really really a good chicken dish. The garlic and basil were so flavorsome. Will make again soon. Thanks for posting.
This is really good. There were no leftovers, and the sauce is good over rice. I've made it twice, once I pureed the sauce, and I think I prefer it that way. Will definitely make again though. Thans Chef mariejane!