Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I think I got this from all recipes some time ago.
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- grated parmesan cheese, for topping
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add orzo pasta, cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, and cook the garlic and red pepper 1 minute, until garlic is golden brown. Stir in chicken, season with salt, and cook 2 to 5 minutes, until lightly browned and juices run clear. Reduce heat to medium, and mix in the parsley and cooked orzo. Place spinach in the skillet. Continue cooking 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until spinach is wilted. Serve topped with Parmesan cheese.
This was great! Very easy. I substituted the water to boil the orzo for 3 cups of chicken stock and cooked it until all the liquid was absorbed. I kept the breasts whole and used 4 Tbl of parmesan for the whole meal. Excellent and very nutritious! Next time I'll add an extra cup of spinach, since the fresh leaves cook down so much that if you like spinach you'll be wanting more.
Yummy and simple. My husband is anti-garlic so I skipped that. Did not have any parsley. Added some small diced zucchini, roasted corn, and bacon. Will certainly use this recipe again for inspiration.