Recipe by Rubi
I put this together in 20 minutes and it tasted just like the store bought version. I'm sure it had less the calories but the flavor was the same (or better)! This is quick and tasty! I used penne pasta but any swirls or shells would work just as well.
- 8 ounces chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup broccoli
- 2 -3 carrots
- 1⁄2 cup sweet corn
- 1 cup pasta
- 2 tablespoons romano cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook chicken breast (uncut) on skillet with enough water to keep it moist through the cooking time. Add garlic, paprika and a pinch of salt to the top. (I like mine with extra seasonings so add to taste.).
- Cover and let simmer about 5 minutes then repeat on other side.
- While the chicken is cooking, place pasta to cook and steam broccoli and carrots in the microwave for about 5 minutes.
- When the water steams away, add corn to the pan at low heat. You may dice the chicken at this step so it won't lose it's moisture.
- Add veggies and pasta to chicken and corn. Stir and add pepper to taste.
- Serve with a sprinkle of romano or parmesan cheese. (I used shredded italian blend from the store.).