Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I put this together in 20 minutes and it tasted just like the store bought version. I'm sure it had less the calories but the flavor was the same (or better)! This is quick and tasty! I used penne pasta but any swirls or shells would work just as well.
- 8 ounces chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup broccoli
- 2 -3 carrots
- 1⁄2 cup sweet corn
- 1 cup pasta
- 2 tablespoons romano cheese
- salt and pepper
- Cook chicken breast (uncut) on skillet with enough water to keep it moist through the cooking time. Add garlic, paprika and a pinch of salt to the top. (I like mine with extra seasonings so add to taste.).
- Cover and let simmer about 5 minutes then repeat on other side.
- While the chicken is cooking, place pasta to cook and steam broccoli and carrots in the microwave for about 5 minutes.
- When the water steams away, add corn to the pan at low heat. You may dice the chicken at this step so it won't lose it's moisture.
- Add veggies and pasta to chicken and corn. Stir and add pepper to taste.
- Serve with a sprinkle of romano or parmesan cheese. (I used shredded italian blend from the store.).
I make this as a quick weeknight dinner all the time. I absolutely love the flavors! It's great that it can be adapted to use fresh veggies when in season.
This chicken was so moist and tender I loved it. The flavor was excellent. The real unexpected surprise was the corn. We loved the addition of that and would have never thought to use it in a recipe like this. I'm not sure how long I cooked my chicken because I got distracted. Next time I make this I'll leave out the pasta all together. Just didn't add anything to the flavor. Used Parmesan cheese which complimented the flavors well. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Spring 2010