Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a tasty one dish meal that I made last night. This doesn't take long to make and my kids loved it.
- 16 ounces spaghetti
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into one inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 3⁄4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, place tomatoes in a small bowl; add boiling water. Cover and let stand for five minutes. Drain and chop tomatoes; set aside.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and garlic salt. Add chicken a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, saute chicken in two tablespoons oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and garlic in remaining oil. Add the broth, parsley, basil, salt, pepper, and pepper flakes. Stir in the reserved tomatoes and chicken; heat through.
- Drain spaghetti and add chicken mixture and cheese. Toss to coat. Serve warm.
I didnt have sundried tomatoes but I used delmonte diced tomatoes with basil oregeno and garlic. Also I have tried it with Spaghetti noodles but it was also great with spaghetti squash. Also have tried it using an italian turkey sausage. Great variations. Adding some spinich in it helped with the color and it tasted great too.
This was so yummy! I didn't have sun-dried tomatoes so I used a fresh, diced up roma, and added a handful of chopped spinach at the end and let is sit until wilted. THank you for this one!
Delicious dish for family dinners or company. My two changes: use only 8 oz of thin whole wheat spaghetti and stir in several handfuls of baby spinach for color and nutrition.