Recipe by Jociecee
This recipe is from Jyl Steinback’s “Supermarket Gourmet: A Busy Mom’s Healthy Cookbook that I received from Studentchef in the Spring 2009 Cookbook Swap. The recipe calls for roasted garlic which imparts a different flavor than raw garlic in this recipe. Preparation time includes time to roast thegarlic-just follow your favorite recipe for roasted garlic.
Top Review by Garlic Chick
Great! I did not pound out the chicken breasts, just cut them open enough to shove the asparagus into - may pound them out next time just to experiment. I did precook my mushrooms, but it would be good either way. I will try this with some melted cheese on it next time. Thanks for posting - easy and yummy! Of course plenty of garlic is always a nice thing, too.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lb fresh asparagus spear, trimmed and cleaned
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix or 1⁄2 teaspoon similar seasoning
- 2 tablespoons minced roasted garlic (I like garlic so use double)
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons nonfat chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Roll each chicken fillet around 2 to 3 asparagus spears.
- Insert toothpick to hold chicken together and place seam side down.
- Sprinkle chicken with Mrs. Dash seasoning and pepper.
- Top chicken with the garlic and mushrooms.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes until chicken is cooked through.