Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from Jyl Steinback’s “Supermarket Gourmet: A Busy Mom’s Healthy Cookbook that I received from Studentchef in the Spring 2009 Cookbook Swap. The recipe calls for roasted garlic which imparts a different flavor than raw garlic in this recipe. Preparation time includes time to roast thegarlic-just follow your favorite recipe for roasted garlic.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lb fresh asparagus spear, trimmed and cleaned
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix or 1⁄2 teaspoon similar seasoning
- 2 tablespoons minced roasted garlic (I like garlic so use double)
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons nonfat chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Roll each chicken fillet around 2 to 3 asparagus spears.
- Insert toothpick to hold chicken together and place seam side down.
- Sprinkle chicken with Mrs. Dash seasoning and pepper.
- Top chicken with the garlic and mushrooms.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
Great! I did not pound out the chicken breasts, just cut them open enough to shove the asparagus into - may pound them out next time just to experiment. I did precook my mushrooms, but it would be good either way. I will try this with some melted cheese on it next time. Thanks for posting - easy and yummy! Of course plenty of garlic is always a nice thing, too.
Pretty much followed your recipe right on down, & I particularly enjoyed the use of fresh, uncooked mushrooms, although my other half, I'm sure, would have preferred them sauteed (& I might just do that another time)! Loved the extra garlic you suggested, too! Thanks for sharing this great recipe! A great keeper! [Made & reviewed during this Spring's Pick A Chef event]
Loved these Chicken Rolls! Great taste, and makes for an elegant presentation.Made as posted the first time around - couldn't resist sauteing extra mushrooms and garlic when I did a rerun, spreading on the breast before adding the asparagus and rolling. Both were super good. I drizzled the broth over the breasts and that worked well for me. If the asparagus is looking good this week it is so on for this weekend's special birthday supper. Thank you for sharing a recipe that is now in my Family Favourites Cookbook!