Recipe by Japanese Delight
I recreated the Round Table pizza garlic chicken pizza. It's easy to have a gourmet pizza at home!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons cooking sake
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pizza dough
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 sliced red onion
- 2 chopped roma tomatoes
- 8 button mushrooms, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- First cut chicken into bite size little pieces.
- In a bowl with the chicken, add soy sauce, cooking sake, a clove of chopped garlic, black pepper and crushed red pepper. Stir to coat.
- Let stand in refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil and butter into a pan at medium high, then add garlic and oregano. Cook for one minute. Set aside.
- After chicken marinades, drain liquid well, and put into a sautee pan on med-high with 1 tbsp olive oil. Cook until chicken is no longer pink. Set aside.
- Fit the pizza dough onto a baking pan, and brush with garlic, oregano, olive oil/butter mixture.
- Sprinkle the dough with parmesean cheese.
- Layer in this order: cheese (save a bit to sprinkle on top later), chicken, red onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, and rest of cheese. Sprinkle the top with parmesean cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 400°F oven for 20-25 minutes till golden.
- Top with green onions.