Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
The taste of this chicken is incredible. Has a Mexican flavor, but is not overpowering. We used left overs in tacos and was almost as enjoyeable as the original meal.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup purchased salsa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- Flatten chicken breasts by placing between sheets of wax paper and pounding with flat edge of meat pallet until approximately 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut each flattened breast into strips about 1 inch in width. Place strips in a flat shallow container.
- Combine remaining ingredients; pour over chicken. Cover and chill in marinate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Thread chicken onto metal skewers or well-soaked wooden skewers. Grill over coals or on gas grill for 6-8 minutes, turning a few times and basting with remaining marinade.
Mmmm! This is very tasty chicken! I marinated for 2 hours and increased the garlic to 3 large cloves, but the chili powder and salsa combo were the prominent flavors. Not that this is bad, but just a bit misleading. We ate ours on a bed of lettuce with corn kernals, cheese and extra salsa. Tomorrow, I will wrap the leftovers in a whole wheat tortilla for lunch! Thanks ebbtide for sharing.