Recipe by ebbtide
The taste of this chicken is incredible. Has a Mexican flavor, but is not overpowering. We used left overs in tacos and was almost as enjoyeable as the original meal.
Top Review by DuChick
Mmmm! This is very tasty chicken! I marinated for 2 hours and increased the garlic to 3 large cloves, but the chili powder and salsa combo were the prominent flavors. Not that this is bad, but just a bit misleading. We ate ours on a bed of lettuce with corn kernals, cheese and extra salsa. Tomorrow, I will wrap the leftovers in a whole wheat tortilla for lunch! Thanks ebbtide for sharing.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup purchased salsa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Flatten chicken breasts by placing between sheets of wax paper and pounding with flat edge of meat pallet until approximately 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut each flattened breast into strips about 1 inch in width. Place strips in a flat shallow container.
- Combine remaining ingredients; pour over chicken. Cover and chill in marinate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Thread chicken onto metal skewers or well-soaked wooden skewers. Grill over coals or on gas grill for 6-8 minutes, turning a few times and basting with remaining marinade.