Recipe by Sydney Mike
This recipe, from Taste of Home Best Ever Chicken Cookbook 2009, is a nice change from some of the more fruity chicken that I usually enjoy! Preparation time does not include refrigeration time!
Top Review by NorthwestGal
So easy to prepare, and yet such a tasty and complete meal in one (chicken breasts with a side dish of steamed rice). But this was one of those rare dishes that appealed to both my husband and I as well as our kids. And that doesn't happen very often in this house. Thanks Syd!
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, large, minced
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger, slightly rounded
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup instant rice, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, rounded, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine onion, garlic, lemon juice, soy sauce, honey & ginger.
- Pour half into a resealable plastic bag, then cover & refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Add chicken strips to bag of marinade, then seal bag & turn to coat, before refrigerating for at least 1 hour.
- In a saucepan bring chicken broth to boil, then remove from heat.
- Into the chicken broth, stir rice, parsley & orange zest, then cover & let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a hot skillet, cook chicken & reserved marinade until chicken is no longer pink, 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with rice.