1/2 Photos of Garlic Chicken on Rice
I got this out of a Taste of Home magazine years ago. It's still a favorite. I only use a teaspoon of ginger even when doubling, and when I double I only use 1/4 cup lemon juice. I'm making it tonight and am going to experiment by adding a can of chopped mushrooms and some peas, but this is the original recipe and it's great as is. **I am adding this since last review.....this is the original recipe but yes...I agree two teaspoons of ginger is way too much! I think 1/2 tsp would be plenty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In small bowl combine onion, garlic, lemon juice, soy sauce, honey and ginger.
- 2Add chicken; cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hours.
- 3(I do this in the morning for that night's dinner, I personally don't think an hour is long enough).
- 4Cook chicken and marinade in hot skillet until no longer pink.
- 5Serve over rice, or rice cooked in chicken broth.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Chicken on Rice
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 332.5
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 2093.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 38.4 g
- Protein 32.4 g