Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
A healthy version of chicken nuggets. Note that the calorie estimate will be high. You will have to drain off some olive oil during the preparation of the chicken.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄8 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a tupperware bowl that has a lid, combine the chicken, water, oil, garlic, and pepper.
- Marinade the chicken for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Shake the bowl about half way through to recoat the chicken with the marinade.
- In a separate bowl mix together the bread crumbs, salt, and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
- Drain the chicken.
- In a one gallon Ziploc, mix together the chicken and bread crumb mix.
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Layout the chicken on a cookie sheet in a single layer. (Throw out excess breading that may be in the bag. It will burn if not on the chicken.).
- Cook at 425 for 15 minutes. Flip them half way through.
I was getting so tired of eating the same old chicken. This recipe added some excitement to our meal. I was just the right blend of spices. Not too spicy, but certainly not bland. I will be making these tasty nuggets again.
Yummy! We loved it. I followed the recipe exactly and even added more cayenne pepper because we like it spicy. Thanks for posting. Made for Fall PAC 2009.
GREAT RECIPE you have here! I made it to include on my finger food counter for a group I host each month & they loved these TASTY LITTLE BITES! I did cut back on the cayenne pepper by almost half; substituted lemon pepper for the usual S&P; & I used whole wheat bread crumbs that I'd processed fine ~ All for some tasty chicken nuggets that everyone raved about! Keepin' this one around! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef]