Recipe by KRice, PA
A healthy version of chicken nuggets. Note that the calorie estimate will be high. You will have to drain off some olive oil during the preparation of the chicken.
Top Review by rar182
I was getting so tired of eating the same old chicken. This recipe added some excitement to our meal. I was just the right blend of spices. Not too spicy, but certainly not bland. I will be making these tasty nuggets again.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄8 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a tupperware bowl that has a lid, combine the chicken, water, oil, garlic, and pepper.
- Marinade the chicken for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Shake the bowl about half way through to recoat the chicken with the marinade.
- In a separate bowl mix together the bread crumbs, salt, and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
- Drain the chicken.
- In a one gallon Ziploc, mix together the chicken and bread crumb mix.
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Layout the chicken on a cookie sheet in a single layer. (Throw out excess breading that may be in the bag. It will burn if not on the chicken.).
- Cook at 425 for 15 minutes. Flip them half way through.