Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
We love this simple chicken dish on the BBQ in the summer, and I love it cold too.
- 1 kg chicken thigh fillet, cut into serving pieces
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns, crushed
- 1⁄2 bunch coriander, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Crush the garlic with the salt.
- Blend all the seasonings, and rub into the chicken pieces.
- Cover and stand for at least 1 hour-overnight in refrigerator is better.
- Put chicken pies on grill (broiling) tray and cook, turning every 5 minutes, until skin is brown and crispy and chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with boiled rice and a salad of sliced fresh tomatoes and onion, lemon juice and sea salt to taste.
- *Note,in Australia, our bunches of coriander (cilantro) most often include the stems and roots of the plant.
- This recipe actually calls for 4 well washed plants (including stems and roots) to be chopped up for the marinade.
So good! I marinated for a day. Very well-flavoured chicken (broiled in the oven). Super easy to prep and will become a regular on our busier weekday menu.