Recipe by CarinJ
This came from a Easy Weeknight cookbook. My mother-in-law thought it sounded good.
Top Review by OCMom1
This turned out really really good and definitely did not taste like the quick dish it was. Next time, I'll make more sauce - there was only enough for about 1/2 the chicken since this cooks 2x the chicken for us but I had no sauce left over. I put cut up chicken with the sauce over biscuits and had carrots and greenbeans on the side.
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled & chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Add garlic & chicken seasoned with salt & pepper.
- Cook over medium-high heat until browned (approx 5 min).
- Add 1/2 c broth, wine, basil and oregano.
- Bring to boil, cover & simmer until chicken is no longer pink (7-9 min).
- Remove chicken from pan & keep warm. In small bowl combine 2 Tbsp chicken broth & 1 Tbsp flour until smooth. Add to pan juices.
- Bring to boil, cook & stir until thickened.
- Serve over chicken.