Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This came from a Easy Weeknight cookbook. My mother-in-law thought it sounded good.
Make and share this Garlic Chicken N Gravy recipe from Food.com.
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled & chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Add garlic & chicken seasoned with salt & pepper.
- Cook over medium-high heat until browned (approx 5 min).
- Add 1/2 c broth, wine, basil and oregano.
- Bring to boil, cover & simmer until chicken is no longer pink (7-9 min).
- Remove chicken from pan & keep warm. In small bowl combine 2 Tbsp chicken broth & 1 Tbsp flour until smooth. Add to pan juices.
- Bring to boil, cook & stir until thickened.
- Serve over chicken.
This turned out really really good and definitely did not taste like the quick dish it was. Next time, I'll make more sauce - there was only enough for about 1/2 the chicken since this cooks 2x the chicken for us but I had no sauce left over. I put cut up chicken with the sauce over biscuits and had carrots and greenbeans on the side.
Thanks for the nice change in our dinner. Used 2 garlic cloves and 1 TBS. of granulated garlic, otherwise kept everything the same. Very good!
This was very good; the garlic added a wonderful flavor and aroma. My gravy didn't thicken much, but it was still good.