Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
An easy to make, great weeknight recipe from Contadina.com
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes with garlic
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- hot cooked pasta
- Cook chicken in olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; 3 minutes per side or until golden brown, Drain.
- Pour undrained diced tomatoes and tomato sauce over chicken; bring to a boil, reduce heat.
- Cover and cook 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Place cheese slices over chicken and tomatoes: cover and cook 1 minute or until cheese is melted.
- Serve over hot cooked pasta.
This is so quick and easy to make. My DH really enjoyed it. Thank you for the recipe...it's a keeper.
What a crowd pleaser! The whole family loved it! Thank you for another wonderful recipe, Barb. I took the suggestion of throwing in a couple of handfuls of egg noodles while the chicken finishes cooking. This is great, as it makes it a one skillet meal! My diet doesn't allow for wine, so i substituted the same amount of water and it came out great :).
This is one of my family's favorite dishes. Incredibly easy, low calorie and served over pasta. What could be better? I do add 1/2 cup of white wine and a couple handful of egg noodles--stirring into the sauce--that cook while the chicken is finishing so I don't have to dirty a saucepan to boil water. Thanks Barb!