Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Quick and easy! I like this one served over any hot pasta.
Make and share this Garlic Chicken Melt recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 envelope Lipton Recipe Secrets savory herb with garlic soup mix
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In 13" x 9" casserole dish arrange chicken.
- Blend soup mix with tomatoes and oil and pour over chicken.
- Bake covered for 1 hour or until chicken is thoroughly cooked, it depends on how thick the chicken breast are.
- Serve on top of hot pasta, sprinkle with cheese.
I prepared this dish one evening and used ONION soup mix. Let me tell you, do NOT think of substituting. The taste was pretty close to horrible. Don't get me wrong, I love onion, but something about the combination just didn't go...
Very quick and simple to put together. Actually had my four year old chef make the sauce while I sauted the chicken. I did add a few cloves of garlic into the saute because I wanted it to live up to its name...we're garlic nuts. Ten minutes on the pan cut the oven time to about 25 minutes so it's definitely a time helper. Served it over fresh fettucini. Very nice recipe.
This is a late review, but I thought this recipe was excellent! And so easy. I used the petite diced tomatoes which I thought worked well. Following recommendations in other reviews I did brown the chicken first. Thanks for a great meal!