Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
If you love garlic and onions, you will love this dish. My father developed this recipe and I learned everything about cooking from my Aunt Martha and him.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed (add more if you like)
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 2 -3 cups rice
- 14 -28 ounces canned chicken broth (depending on how much rice you make)
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 2 cups cooked lentils
- salt and pepper
- In a skillet, heat oil and butter, add onions cook until tender, then add garlic and brown.
- Add rice to skillet; stir until coated with mixture.
- Add broth, stir and cover until rice is cooked.
- Add chicken and lentils; stir well.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream.
I found this meal a bit bland for my tastes. I ended up adding some tomato salsa to bring up the tastes. It has great potential for a meal.
a little bland, yes, but that is easily remedied with a touch of season salt! yummy and filling, thanks!