Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Simple but delish! A garlic lovers dream!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic heads
- 1 (3 lb) fresh roasting chickens
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups water
- Combine olive oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Seperate the garlic into cloves and peel.
- Mince 4 cloves and stir into the olive oil mixture.
- Place chicken on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Brush chicken with the oil mixture.
- Squeeze lemon juice all over chicken. Place squeezed lemon halves in the cavity of the chicken.
- Tie drumsticks to tail and twist wing tips under the back. When tied and tucked place breast side up on rack.
- Pour the wine and wter into the pan, and add the remaining peeled garlic cloves.
- Roast chicken at 400ºF for 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 hours or until thoroughly cooked and a meat thermometer inserted registers 180º-185ºF.
- Remove chicken from the oven and cover with foil. Let stand for 5-10 minute
- Remove garlic from pan with a slotted spoon and skim the fat from the pan juices.
- Carve chicken and pour some of the pan juices over chicken.
- Serve garlic cloves with chicken and pass remaining juices.