Prep 1 min
Cook 10 mins
This is so simple.
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- In a medium skillet, over medium heat, melt butter.
- Stir in flour to form a paste.
- Whisk in milk and broth until smooth. Add garlic powder.
- Reduce heat to low. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
I made this on 4/2/09 to go with my chicken and mashed potato dinner.Since there was just the two of us, only half of the recipe was made. My SO and I both thought that the garlic powder gave the gravy that " little something extra " that seems to be missing from alot of other chicken gravies.This will be made again.Thanks for posting and, "Keep Smiling :)"
I needed a fast recipe for gravy. I followed the recipe but only added 1/4 tsp of garlic as this was for my kids. As they are used to a dark gravy, I added Bisto to darken and add a little more flavour. There were no complaints and they said it was a very good gravy. I did not try it so will trust their rating. UPDATE I made this again today as I needed some gravy. I originally gave this 4 stars, but when my husband and I tried it we thought it was fantastic. I had some frozen homemade stock in the freezer. As I did not want to waste any, I ended up adding 3 cups of stock to the gravy. Wow what great flavour. My family asked if they could have this again soon. Thanks again for the recipe.