1/3 Photos of Garlic Chicken Cushions
The chicken is stuffed with creamy ricotta, spinach, and garlic and then gently cooked in a rich tomato sauce. This is a really easy chicken dish that looks impressive and tastes outstanding. This is a suitable dish to make ahead of time. You could even add Parmesan Cheese and Artichoke Slices to the stuffing for an even tastier Chicken!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 chicken breasts, with bone and skin
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach, Thawed
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 3 garlic cloves, Crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, Chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, Sliced
- 14 ounces chopped tomatoes
- 6 tablespoons wine or 6 tablespoons chicken stock
- 10 stuffed olives, Sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups egg noodles, cooked and buttered to serve (or Other Pasta)
- 1Make a slit between the skin and meat on one side of each chicken breast.
- 2Put the spinach into a strainer and press out the water with a spoon and mix with the ricotta, half the garlic, and seasoning.
- 3Spoon the spinach mixture under the skin of each chicken breast, then secure the edge of the skin with toothpicks.
- 4Heat the oil in a skillet, add the onion, and fry for a minute, stirring.
- 5Add the remaining garlic and red bell pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
- 6Stir in the tomatoes, wine or stock, olives and seasoning (Set the chicken aside and chill if preparing in advance).
- 7Bring the sauce to a boil, pour into a shallow ovenproof dish and arrange the chicken breasts on top in a single layer.
- 8Cook uncovered in a preheated oven 400 degrees for 35 minutes, until the chicken is golden and cooked through.
- 9Spoon a little of the sauce over the chicken breasts then transfer to plates and serve with pasta.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Chicken Cushions
Serving Size: 1 (419 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 544.4
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 140.4 mg
- Sodium 729.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 41.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: