Recipe by litldarlin
The spicier the soup, the better it will be at clearing your head, so be generous with the red pepper flakes. Just don't make the soup so hot you can't tolerate it. There is no chicken pieces in this soup. Just the Chicken Broth.
Top Review by miss scribble
This is such a great "concoction". In search of a simple Broth recipe I found this and as if I were making a broth I used the leftover pieces of a chicken that was cooked. II sauted some onion with the carrots before I added into the broth and instead of chili powder I used Chinese garlic pepper sauce ( my favorite!). Very nice! I may have changed it but your recipe was the inspiration- thank you!
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 garlic heads, about 30 cloves, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh mint leaves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed or
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 bay leaf
- hot red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a stockpot.
- Bring to a boil and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf.
- Puree in batches in a blender or food processor.
- Return to pot, stir well.
- Serve hot and enjoy.
- Can also be put into small containers and frozen for future use.