Recipe by Malriah
My own adaptation of Mirj's Garlic Chicken Breasts in Balsamic Vinegar (#15507) for those that like a little less of the vinegar flavor and a little more spice.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or honey)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Dredge chicken breasts in flour.
- Shake off excess.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add chicken and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add garlic.
- Flip chicken and continue cooking 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add stock, vinegar, sugar (or honey), sesame oil, salt and pepper flakes.
- Reduce heat, cover and cook until chicken is tender and sauce is reduced by at least 1/2.
- In small bowl combine water and cornstarch, stirring until smooth.
- Add to skillet and cook until sauce starts to thicken, 1 or 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve over rice.