Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
My own adaptation of Mirj's Garlic Chicken Breasts in Balsamic Vinegar (#15507) for those that like a little less of the vinegar flavor and a little more spice.
- Dredge chicken breasts in flour.
- Shake off excess.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add chicken and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add garlic.
- Flip chicken and continue cooking 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add stock, vinegar, sugar (or honey), sesame oil, salt and pepper flakes.
- Reduce heat, cover and cook until chicken is tender and sauce is reduced by at least 1/2.
- In small bowl combine water and cornstarch, stirring until smooth.
- Add to skillet and cook until sauce starts to thicken, 1 or 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve over rice.
This dish is very flavorful, with a rich sauce. I used the honey instead of sugar, and we did not have the rice; just served it with a salad. A very enjoyable meal.
THANK YOU!!! This was YUMMY!!! We used pork loin instead of chicken. I think if we just had a bowl of rice and the sauce we would have been just as happy :o) This is a great work night dinner...easy but definitely satisfying. I was a little heavy handed on the balsamic and garlic because we love those flavors. This is a keeper without a doubt!
Good dish! It has really nice flavor and the sesame oil is a great touch. I used honey and cut the pepper flakes by 1/2 (feeding kids here). Next time I think I'll cut down on the broth -I had enough sauce for 8 chicken breasts. I will also cut back on the garlic - we LOVE it but it was a bit more than my stomach could handle. Your adaptation of Mirj's recipe is really good. Thanks for sharing.