Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a very impressive main course that is simple to make, and really delicious!
Make and share this Garlic Chicken Breasts in Balsamic Vinegar recipe from Food.com.
- 8 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Dredge chicken breasts in flour.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium high heat.
- Cook breasts 3 minutes on one side; add garlic.
- Turn chicken and continue cooking 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add stock, vinegar and pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat to medium low; cover and cook five to ten minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken and keep warm.
- In small bowl combine water and cornstarch, stirring until smooth.
- Add to skillet and cook 1 to 2 minutes until thick and smooth.
- Pour sauce over chicken and serve.
Glad I found this one today! It was quick and easy and I was running short on time! I'll fix rice next time to put the sauce on, instead of potatoes.
I'm always looking for quick & delicious ways to cook chicken, since we have it about 3 nights a week, and this one fits the bill! It was so easy to prepare, and it's delicious. Most of the time when I cook chicken the flavor is just on top, not inside. In this recipe, the garlic and balsamic vinegar marinated the chicken and left it with a tasty and tender flavor. I served it with brown rice, and a zuchini casserole. My husband said next time not to forget the wine! :)
The chicken was very tender but the flavour just wasn't what we thought it would be. I love balsamic vinegar, but I think I woul cut down the amount next time. It wasn't our taste but it was extremely tender and juicy.