Recipe by Lavender Lynn
I found this on the internet. The recipe came from Panda Express, Rosemead, CA.
Top Review by momaphet
Nice dish! DH and I both enjoyed the flavors though even with reduced sodium soy it was still a bit salt for me. I loved the green beans and peppers combination. Made for Culinary Quest 2014
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice wine
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil, toasted
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion, peeled, cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon black bean sauce
- 13 ounces green beans, fresh, trimmed, cut in 3 in pieces
- 1 cup red bell pepper, large, diced
- hot cooked rice (for serving) or noodles (for serving)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice chicken breasts into 1/4 in strips; place in medium bowl.
- Combine soy sauce, wine, sesame oil, cornstarch and sugar in small bowl; pour over chicken breast; toss to coat. Cover: refrigerate 20 minutes or until ready to cook.
- Heat vegetable oil in wok(or large nonstick skiller) over high heat until quite hot. Add chicken; cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes or until chicken begins to brown and is cooked through. Remove with slotted spoon to serving dish.
- Return wok or skillet to high heat; add onion, garlic and black-bean sauce. Quickly stir in green beans and bell pepper. Add 1/4 C water, cover, and cook 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Return chicken to wok; stir; toss over high heat until well mixed and heated through; about 2 minutes.
- Place in serving dish; serve immediately with rice or noodles.