Recipe by Brenda.
Serve Garlic Chicken and Shrimp over hot cooked seasoned noodles or rice. Adapted from About.com, altered a bit to our taste.
- 2 -3 boneless chicken breast halves, about 1 pound, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 lb large raw shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 green onions, sliced thin, whites and greens
- 4 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon creole seasoning or 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt, blend
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, melt the butter with olive oil.
- Add garlic, basil, parsley, salt, and seasoning.
- Heat over medium low heat and add the tomatoes, onions, chicken and shrimp.
- Cover and cook the shrimp and chicken mixture, stirring occasionally, for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until cooked through, and chicken is no longer pink inside.