Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Serve Garlic Chicken and Shrimp over hot cooked seasoned noodles or rice. Adapted from About.com, altered a bit to our taste.
- 2 -3 boneless chicken breast halves, about 1 pound, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 lb large raw shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 green onions, sliced thin, whites and greens
- 4 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon creole seasoning or 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt, blend
- In a large skillet, melt the butter with olive oil.
- Add garlic, basil, parsley, salt, and seasoning.
- Heat over medium low heat and add the tomatoes, onions, chicken and shrimp.
- Cover and cook the shrimp and chicken mixture, stirring occasionally, for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until cooked through, and chicken is no longer pink inside.
This was very yummy Nick's Mom. We enjoyed this dish served on noodles. It was very quick and easy to prepare with nice flavour. Thanks for sharing.