Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Quick and easy meal. Very filling eaten over rice or pasta your choice.
Make and share this Garlic Chicken and Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (18 ounce) canprogresso recipe starters cooking sauce (i used garlic)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (room temp)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease 9x13 baking dish.
- Brown chicken breast in olive oil in skillet, season with 1 tsp garlic powder 1 tsp onion powder and 1 tbs cumin about 2 minutes each side.
- While chicken browning mix 1 can progresso recipe starters, cream cheese, cheddar cheese 1 tsp onion powder and 1 tsp garlic powder in medium bowl.
- Once chicken lightly browned add to 9x13 dish and cover with mixture and bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes.
- While chicken in oven bring 2 cups water to boil then add 1 cup white rice simmer for 20-25 minutes until rice is tender and water is absorbed.