Quick and easy meal. Very filling eaten over rice or pasta your choice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (18 ounce) can progresso recipe starters cooking sauce (i used garlic)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (room temp)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups water
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Lightly grease 9x13 baking dish.
- 3Brown chicken breast in olive oil in skillet, season with 1 tsp garlic powder 1 tsp onion powder and 1 tbs cumin about 2 minutes each side.
- 4While chicken browning mix 1 can progresso recipe starters, cream cheese, cheddar cheese 1 tsp onion powder and 1 tsp garlic powder in medium bowl.
- 5Once chicken lightly browned add to 9x13 dish and cover with mixture and bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes.
- 6While chicken in oven bring 2 cups water to boil then add 1 cup white rice simmer for 20-25 minutes until rice is tender and water is absorbed.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Chicken and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 662.8
- Calories from Fat 322
- Total Fat 35.8 g
- Saturated Fat 18.1 g
- Cholesterol 167.6 mg
- Sodium 503.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 39.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: