Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is for lovers of garlic and comfort food. I don't know where it came from but I just cooked it one day like this and loved it ever since!
- put small amount of water in bottom of roasting pan.
- Cut potatoes in half & put in pan and sprinkle paprika, salt & pepper to taste.
- Peel the garlic cloves and scatter them all over the potatoes.
- put chicken that has been seasoned with salt & pepper & paprika on top of potatoes.
- cook in oven on 350 for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours basting every so often.
A super recipe! Delicious and simple with few ingredients. I found the liquid in the roasting pan dried out quickly, but I topped it up a few times when basting the chicken and veg. The liquid left in the roasting pan made a delicious gravy. I just added gravy granules and boiling water.
My husband and son loved it and the smell of this dish cooking in the oven was very appetising.
This will definitely be a regular dish in our house. Thank you for sharing it with us.
I didn't make this exactly but my Mom makes a paste with some oil of paprika, garlic powder, kosher salt and pepper and rubs it all over turkey or chicken and it's great- also we put an onion or sometimes and onion and an apple in the cavity and roast the chicken. Mmmm!
Very good roast chicken recipe! I thought the garlic would be too much but we loved it!! Thanks for posting! :)