Recipe by Melvin'sWifey
I've adapted this recipe from a Cooking Light magazine and it's extremely tasty. You can easily adapt this by using different herbs at the end besides parsley, like fresh tarragon or basil. Don't worry when stuff starts sticking to the pan in the beginning, when you add the white wine, it will totally deglaze the pan and use a wooden spoon to scrape the bits off the bottom as they add a lot of flavor! Healthy and quick to make. Serve this with crusty bread, a green salad, and a glass of chilled white wine -- or sparkling cider for the kiddos! :)
Top Review by nurseangie312
I made this in a pinch. I followed the recipe exactly but used fresh garlic and bow pasta. It seemed a bit on the dry side so I just added another 1/2 cup of chicken broth. The result was my husband saying "WOW!" THIS is GOOD!!" You have to make this again!"
- 4 ounces egg noodles (uncooked)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 8 ounces mushrooms, presliced
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and keep warm.
- Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. Place chicken breast halves in a shallow dish. Combine 1 tablespoon flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper, stirring well with a whisk. Sprinkle flour mixture over chicken; toss to coat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until browned. Remove chicken from pan.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan. Add garlic, tarragon, and mushrooms to pan; sauté for 3 minutes or until liquid evaporates and mushrooms darken.
- Add white wine to pan; cook 1 minute. Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in broth, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper; cook 1 minute or until slightly thick, stirring frequently.
- Return chicken to the pan. Cover and simmer 2 minutes. Uncover; cook 1 minute or until chicken is done.
- Stir in noodles; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Add parmesan cheese and fresh parsley (or other herbs), mix well, and serve.