1/2 Photos of Garlic Chicken and Mushrooms in White Wine Sauce
I've adapted this recipe from a Cooking Light magazine and it's extremely tasty. You can easily adapt this by using different herbs at the end besides parsley, like fresh tarragon or basil. Don't worry when stuff starts sticking to the pan in the beginning, when you add the white wine, it will totally deglaze the pan and use a wooden spoon to scrape the bits off the bottom as they add a lot of flavor! Healthy and quick to make. Serve this with crusty bread, a green salad, and a glass of chilled white wine -- or sparkling cider for the kiddos! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces egg noodles (uncooked)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 8 ounces mushrooms, presliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and keep warm.
- 2Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. Place chicken breast halves in a shallow dish. Combine 1 tablespoon flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper, stirring well with a whisk. Sprinkle flour mixture over chicken; toss to coat.
- 3Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until browned. Remove chicken from pan.
- 4Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan. Add garlic, tarragon, and mushrooms to pan; sauté for 3 minutes or until liquid evaporates and mushrooms darken.
- 5Add white wine to pan; cook 1 minute. Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in broth, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper; cook 1 minute or until slightly thick, stirring frequently.
- 6Return chicken to the pan. Cover and simmer 2 minutes. Uncover; cook 1 minute or until chicken is done.
- 7Stir in noodles; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Add parmesan cheese and fresh parsley (or other herbs), mix well, and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Chicken and Mushrooms in White Wine Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.0
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 102.0 mg
- Sodium 624.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 33.6 g